Thursday, April 1, 2010

low-fat chocolate recipe


Are you a chocolate addict? yet guilty with its calorie content?


Well then, take a look on this chocolate recipe which I personally made for health conscious individuals :)

Everybody loves chocolates and I am a certified chocoholic. I always crave for sweets every after meal until chocolates caught my taste buds. Years after, I grew bigger and bigger and I became conscious of my body. So, I changed my eating lifestyle to low-fat including my favorite, chocolates.


Low-fat Chocolate Cupcakes

  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • Confectioner's Sugar
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup applesauce, cinnamon flavored
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teasspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup skim milk
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
  • Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
  • Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.
  • Beat the next six ingredients until combined, about 1 min.
  • Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk until just combined.
  • Pour batter into muffin cups.
  • Bake 22 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
  • Remove cupcakes from pan; cool on wire rack 30 min. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 120 - Calories from Fat 20
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 16%, Protein 11%, Carbohydrate 72%

No comments:

Post a Comment